Get Involved and Support TA Athletics! The Thornton Academy Athletic Boosters provide financial support to Thornton Academy athletic programs to assist both coaches and the athletic department. The Boosters' major fundraising activities include selling concessions at all home football and basketball games and other major athletic and school events during the year.
Meetings take place in the Thornton Academy Library at 7:00 PM on the first Wednesday of each month during the school year. Want to volunteer? Sign up online!
Among the projects underwritten by the Thornton Academy Athletic Boosters are:
1. Items/equipment included on "wish lists" submitted to the Athletic Director and the Boosters each year.
2. A contribution to the Hill Stadium/athletic facilities improvement project.
3. Support for the Hill Stadium sound system.
4. Refreshments for the parent information nights held prior to each athletic season.
5. Awards and refreshments for the Thornton Academy Athletic Awards Night in June.
6. The annual Jeddy Newman Memorial. Scholar/Athlete Award scholarships (male and female).
7. The annual Outstanding Senior Athlete scholarships (male and female).
8. Receptions for Thornton Academy athletic teams participating in regional or state championship athletic contests.