Posted Monday, June 5, 10 am
After carefully watching the weather forecast and consulting with a local meteorologist, we have decided to hold the commencement ceremony for the Class of 2023 outside tonight at 7 pm at Dr. Paul Hill Jr. Stadium. Holding the event in our stadium allows more family and friends to celebrate with our graduates.
General admission tickets are not needed for this outdoor event, however, if your student exchanged general admission tickets for accessible seating tickets, guests should bring their accessible seating tickets for access to these seats.
Please note: the forecast is calling for a very slight chance of a shower with temperatures in the upper 50s. Please dress accordingly, and encourage graduates to do the same.
Congratulations to the Class of 2023!
Posted Sunday, June 4, 9 am
Due to unfavorable predicted weather, the Class of 2023 commencement ceremony scheduled for today, June 4, has been moved to tomorrow, Monday, June 5, at 7 pm.
Pending the Monday weather forecast, we will make a decision by 10 am to determine whether the ceremony will take place outside at Hill Stadium or inside Linnell Gym. An update will be posted here on TA’s Facebook page and an email message will also be sent to families.
We are watching the weather closely and hope that we may have our ceremony outdoors with seating available for all family and friends. Regardless of where the ceremony will be held, there will be a livestream available on our Facebook and YouTube pages (https://www.youtube.com/@ThorntonAcademyTrojans)
Posted Saturday, June 3
We're watching the forecast and hoping that Mother Nature gives us nice weather for graduation.
As of now, we hope to hold Graduation on Sunday at 1 pm at Paul Hill Stadium (gates open at noon), and will post an update here on Sunday at 10 am.
If inclement weather is expected on Sunday, graduation will be moved to Monday at 7 pm, at Hill Stadium. If Monday's forecast is for rain, we'll move inside to Linnell Gym (at the same 7 pm time). Look for a post at 10 am on Monday. Please note that if we move indoors Monday, tickets will be required, due to limited seating and fire regulations. Tickets were distributed to all students with their cap and gown packets.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate the weather. Our hope is to hold Commencement outside, to give as many family and friends the opportunity to celebrate with our seniors.
You can also watch Graduation live:
Facebook: Thornton Academy | Saco ME | Facebook
Wednesday, May 31
5 things families need to know about Graduation and year-end events
Graduation is Sunday, June 4, at 1 pm, at Hill Stadium
· If the weather is inclement, Graduation will be moved to Monday, June 5, at 7 pm.
· A decision will be made by 10 am on Sunday morning and will be posted on Facebook and sent to Senior parents via email.
Graduation Rain Date is Monday, June 5, 7 pm, at Hill Stadium
If graduation is moved to Monday, and inclement weather is expected, graduation will be held in the Linnell Gymnasium.
· A decision to move indoors would be made by 10 am on Monday and posted on Facebook and sent to Senior parents via email.
· If Graduation is moved indoors, tickets will be required (see below).
Seniors will be issued five tickets for graduation.
· If Graduation is held outside at Hill Stadium, tickets will not be required. Exception: Accessible Seating (see below)
· If Graduation is moved inside, tickets will be required, due to limited seating.
Tickets will be required for Accessible Seating at Hill Stadium or Linnell Gymnasium.
· If a guest requires accessible seating, your Senior may swap two of their regular admission tickets for two accessible seating tickets. Students may swap two regular seating tickets for Accessible Seating tickets beginning at 8:00 am on Thursday, June 1, with Mrs. Glass at the Attendance/Reception Office in the Main Building. Accessible seating tickets are limited and will be shared on a first come, first serve basis.
Senior Assembly, Thursday, June 1, Linnell Gymnasium
· Students only. Because of limited seating and to ensure students’ safety, the public will not be allowed inside.
Senior Night, June 1, 6 pm – midnight
· Students only
Baccalaureate, Friday, June 2, 7 pm, Linnell Gymnasium
· Open to families; no tickets required.