Ready to take the next step? Let us assist you throughout the application process.
The Admissions Team invites families to experience a day in the life of a Trojan. In the hallways, classrooms, and in the dormitories you will have the opportunity to meet students eager to share their experiences, and spend time getting to know the faculty and staff who are passionate about teaching and learning. For families unable to visit in person, our admissions staff is available by skype, WhatsApp, and WeChat.
Ready to take the next step? The application process is simple, and our team is here with you every step of the way.
Step 1: Fill out the online application
Start the application process here: Thornton Academy Online Application
Once you've submitted your application and created a portal account, you can track your application process and status. We also welcome the Standard Online Application (SAO).
Step 2: Submit your additional materials
Send us your supplemental materials by uploading them to your online student portal, or directly by emailing them to email@example.com
We ask all applicants to submit the following:
- Three letters of recommendation: two teacher recommendations, one personal recommendation
- Three years of school transcripts
- For international students: Testing results are not required, but if you'd like to submit results from the TOEFL, SAT, IELTS, etc. as a supplement, we welcome these as part of the application review
Step 3: Schedule an interview
Schedule an interview or a visit with Admissions. Visit our campus in-person and take a tour with one of our student ambassadors. Local students are invited to schedule a full shadow day to get the most out of their time on campus. If you're unable to visit us in person, we are happy to arrange an interview using Skype, WhatsApp, or WeChat. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an interview, visit, or shadow day.
Day students applying for the Middle School must have all application materials in by APRIL 15th to be considered for fall admission. All Boarding students and Day students applying for the upper school may submit applications on a rolling basis.
From the first day I came to TA I felt like a new me, and a new life began for me. The dorm became my second home and the other students my second family. I loved every dorm parent, teacher, counselor, and every staff member that helped me grow and taught me a new way of learning. I left home as a kid and came back a man, and I'm so grateful for it. I am and will always be a Trojan!
--Riccardo Picozzi '18, Italy
The Admissions staff is pleased to assist students and families throughout the application process. If you'd like to talk with us before you apply, email email@example.com or call us at 207-282-5383.
The Thornton Academy Advantage in grades 6-12
- Individualized approach to learning beginning in the middle school years
- More opportunities for learning and growth, with over 200 courses at the upper school
- Diversity and multiculturalism is celebrated on campus
- Students are supported and encouraged by a wide network of teachers, counselors, staff, and peers
- Endless opportunities to discover who you aspire to be
- State of the art facilities to inspire students to dream big