Middle School Admissions
Join our supportive environment where students can grow and thrive.
TAMS is an ideal setting for adolescents to experiment, grow, and discover themselves in a supportive and nurturing environment. The small, close-knit community allows teachers to provide an individualized approach in the classroom, which in turn works to encourage motivated and high achieving students who need to be stretched and challenged. TAMS builds a foundation of trust and support for those students who need extra care and support in specific areas.
Ready to take the next step? The application process is simple, and our team is ready to support you every step of the way.
Applications for the 22-23 school year are now being accepted! The priority deadline for applications for grades 6-8 for the 22-23 school year was April 15th, and we are still accepting applications on a rolling basis.
Thornton Academy offers need-based financial aid to qualifying families who complete an aid application through FACTS. Please understand that it is not always possible to provide an award that fully matches the demonstrated need of every family. To be considered for financial aid, please submit the completed FACTS aid application, along with the required supplemental documents, as a part of your Admissions process.
Questions about financial aid? Call the admissions office at 207-282-5383 or email email@example.com.
The Thornton Academy Advantage in grades 6-12
- Individualized approach to learning beginning in the middle school years
- More opportunities for learning and growth, with over 200 courses at the upper school
- Diversity and multiculturalism is celebrated on campus
- Students are supported and encouraged by a wide network of teachers, counselors, staff, and peers
- Endless opportunities to discover who you aspire to be
- State of the art facilities to inspire students to dream big
The Middle School staff is pleased to assist students and families throughout the application process. If you'd like to talk with us before you apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 207-602-4408.
If you live in Dayton, simply fill out the Registration Form for Dayton Residents
If you live in Arundel, simply fill out the Registration Form for Arundel Residents
Families residing in Dayton and Arundel are guaranteed admission to TAMS at no cost to the family if the registration form is submitted by April 15.
The changes that we have witnessed in both of our children are astounding. Both daughters are flourishing in the classroom and in life. TAMS was exactly what our family needed at the most critical time. Thank you for everything that you and your staff do to make TAMS the place that it is.
jason littlefield, parent
- What towns have town-tuitioning?
- What additional fees should we expect?
- What supports are available to students?
- What's the school culture at TAMS like?
- What's a typical day like at TAMS?
- How do students join clubs and sports?
- How can parents connect with TAMS?
- Is TAMS a separate school from Thornton Academy?