2019 PSAT Information
PSATs are right around the corner! All students in grades 9, 10, and 11 will take part in the administration of the PSAT (Practice Scholastic Aptitude Test) on Wednesday, October 16th—starting promptly at 8:30AM. Please encourage your student to get a good night's sleep the night before, and to eat breakfast the morning of the exam. Here's some important information to know and share with your student:
- Students will be given their testing room assignment during advisory on Thursday.
- Students should bring #2 pencils with erasers (no mechanical pencils allowed), acceptable calculator (find acceptable calculator list and other important information in the PSAT 8/9 Student Guide link below).
- Students should not bring any electronic devices such as phones, iPads, Apple watches, etc. If a student does bring a restricted item, the College Board requires us to collect the item before testing begins and return when testing is complete.
- Students are able to leave campus immediately following the exam.
- Dining facilities will be open for the purchase of lunch, if needed.
- If your child is not dismissed and requires school transportation, please know that the buses run at the usual time. (The administration of the exam is typically complete by 1:00-1:30).
- Students who are not dismissed will be required to stay in the cafeteria for an afternoon study hall or can participate with the Student Counsel pumpkin decorating activity.
- Students are aware and will be reminded that these are the only two options if they stay on campus after the administration of the PSAT.
- Sport practices may start at 1:30 that day (talk to your coach)
- Members of the class of 2020 should not report to school on October 16th. We encourage these students to work on post-secondary plans, applications, and catch up on school work.
- If your student drives to and from school, they may leave after the exams. If your student wants to be dismissed with a student to drives, you must give your permission. You can do so by emailing email@example.com.
Questions? Please feel free to reach out to Jennifer Logan at firstname.lastname@example.org.