Apply to Thornton Academy & TAMS
At Thornton Academy, we strive to help students be who they are, and become who they want to be. We're glad you're considering joining our community, and we're here each step of the way during the application process. Learn about applying to Thornton Academy by reading more below.
We welcome students and families to visit us on campus for tours and shadow days. An in-person visit is not required as part of the application process. To schedule a visit and tour, please email email@example.com, or call 207-282-5383.
Thornton Academy offers "shadow days" for day student applicants. A shadow day allows a prospective student to attend classes for one day, alongside a current student.
- High School day applicants may request a shadow day by contacting Shelley Picard at (207) 282-3361 x4442.
- Middle School applicants may request a shadow day by calling Debbie Crepeau at (207) 282-3361 x4408.
Ready to apply?
Click here to submit your online application, track application status, and upload supporting materials.
Other requirements to apply:
- To arrange an in-person interview for the Upper School, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-282-5383.
- To arrange an in-person interview for the Middle School, email email@example.com or call 207-602-4408.
- If you would prefer to schedule a Skype interview, please click here to schedule an interview with one of our Admissions representatives.
- Three years of transcripts from your school are required for application review. Scanned copies are acceptable for application purposes, however originals are required upon admission.
- Recommendation Letters
- Please submit two teacher recommendations and one personal recommendation. Recommendation letters may be written in paragraph form, or may be submitted by using our online forms. See links below in the 'Forms' tab.
- Please send recommendation letters for Upper School applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Middle School applications, submit recommendation letters to email@example.com.
*For Saco residents applying to TAMS, recommendation letters are not required.
- Standardized testing (such as the SSAT, PSAT, SAT, or ACT) is accepted, but not required.
- For non-native English language speakers we require submission of either the TOEFL, TOEFL Jr., SSAT or IELTS. SLEP test results may be submitted, along with one of the other test scores listed above.
- Note: Thornton Academy's TOEFL code is 5719 and our SSAT code is 7665.
High School (Grades 9-12)
- The high school has rolling admissions and will continue to accept applications until all spaces have been filled.
Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- April 15, 2018 is the first round deadline for applications to be submitted.